This four-ingredient cannabis frosting is about to take your edible game to another level.
When I started out baking edibles, the whole process was so intimidating. Not only is baking a challenge to begin with, but trying to get the right dose AND have it taste good felt nearly impossible.
Then, I discovered something AWESOME — a simple, fast way to infuse icing. For stoner girls like me who have had some bad edible experiences before (haven’t we all?) this is a really great way to be able to enjoy the nice body high, without the fear of baking them too potent.
And, this frosting makes it so easy to turn anything into an edible! I’ve tried it on cookies, cake, fruit, ice cream, pretzels, donuts and more. All delicious, perfectly dosed and made in a minute.
Frost a little, or frost a lot! Infusing your icing (rather than your baked goods) makes dosing a breeze.
Cannabis Icing Recipe
Cannabis Royal Icing Directions:
- Melt your cannabis coconut oil in the microwave by heating at 15-20 second intervals, checking on it each time to stir and help the melting along (but making sure it doesn’t get too hot). Coconut oil melts at around 75 degrees F so this part shouldn’t take long at all. The oil should be melted, but not hot 🌴
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, with a kitchen mixer if you have one. An electric mixer like this one will get you the best consistency, but hand mixing works in a pinch 👩🏻🍳
- Depending on how you’d like your cannabis frosting, sprinkle in extra sugar to thicken or a few drops of milk to thin 🥛
- Grab a spoon and taste test! This step isn’t required, but highly recommended 😉
Using Your Homemade Cannabis Frosting
Now, apply generously on your fully-cooled baked goods! Waiting for them to cool is key. You’ll be tempted to apply while the cookies are still warm, but this will result in a runny mess. Let those bbs cool off a bit, and they’ll frost easily and evenly.
Use a knife to spread, or get real fancy with it and “pipe” it through a ziploc bag with the corner cut off.
How to Get Fancy With It
Get fancy and try new variations on this recipe by:
- Adding food coloring
- Add sweetened coconut flakes
- Try edible glitter
- Add rainbow chips for a funfetti twist
And, experiment with how you “dose” the frosting, too. Try a batch with a few drops of high-quality CBD oil instead, or add/subtract some cannabis oil depending on your desired effects.
Adapted from a recipe posted on Cannabisnow.com
How did your cannabis frosting turn out, babes? 🍪🍰🍓 Let us know in the comments below, and tag your tasty treats @heyhello.high on Instagram so we can share ’em!
Note: This information is for entertainment purposes and should not be considered medical advice in any way. Some links may be affiliate links meaning you support our blog at no extra cost to you. Thanks for helping us keep the lights on. Much love
Pin it for later: